ALASCA - Amsterdam Liberal Arts & Sciences Academy (or in Dutch: academie) - is both a Dutch, publicly funded school and an IB World School, offering modern and innovative education for the artists, academics and leaders of tomorrow. We challenge our students to think and act, to analyze and to be involved.
Currently, ALASCA provides the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP) catering to students aged 16-18.
In the IB Diploma Programme at ALASCA, we offer a diverse range of subject options categorised according to the six IB DP subject groups. Our curriculum provides a comprehensive and well-rounded education, ensuring that students develop the necessary skills and knowledge for their future endeavours.
Group 1: Studies in Language and Literature
- Language A: Language and Literature - Dutch (Higher Level)
- Language A: Language and Literature - English (Higher Level/Standard Level)
Group 2: Language Acquisition
- Language B: Dutch ab initio (Standard Level)
Group 3: Individuals and Societies
- Psychology (Higher Level)
Group 4: Sciences
- Design Technology (Standard Level)
Group 5: Mathematics
- Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation (Higher Level/Standard Level)
Group 6: The Arts
- Visual Arts (Standard Level)